with Colette Crawford and Heather Lee Farrell
This is a time in a woman's life when she experiences dynamic, physiological and emotional changes. You will gain a thorough understanding of these changes so that you can adjust your instruction for each prenatal student. In this section you will learn how to sequence your prenatal classes and provide alternative variations to students depending on their stage of pregnancy.
This program provides a complete basic foundation in prenatal and early postnatal yoga instruction. You do not need to be a yoga teacher or have a certification to attend. Any style of yoga is welcomed.
Gain knowledge and confidence in all areas of instruction, including:
• Anatomy and physiology
• Structuring a prenatal/postnatal class, sequencing, general routine of poses and breathing techniques
• Common discomforts of pregnancy
• Fetal position (occiput posterior, breech)
• Normal labor and birth
• Energy and chakra work
• Appropriate technology for birth
• State of health care and birth in the US
• Awakening motherhood
• Early postpartum period including healing from a c-section
• Satsang, chanting, meditation and bhajans
Lead instructor is Colette Crawford BSN, E-RYT founder of Seattle Holistic Center